Energy flows where attention goes.
Recently a TASTEdaily reader inquired about my daily menu, so I wanted to share the 6 foods that I eat and drink daily.
These 6 foods keep me nourished and energized!
1. Berries – Blueberries and strawberries are lower on the sugar spectrum and very nourishing. Blueberries are known for their antioxidants and new research mentions cognitive benefits.
2. Seeds: I eat chia seeds and pumpkin seeds daily. The chia seeds need to be soaked, so I usually eat them in chia pudding I make the night before. If you want something healthy with a touch of sweetness, chia seed pudding with a few crushed pistachios – yum!
3. Greens: I try to have kale in my menu most days, but I alternate (as we all should!) between a variety of greens, including (not limited to) green chard, spinach, romaine, and my favorite – arugula. Arugula contains beta carotene, iron, and disease-preventing antioxidants, along with vitamin A, C, and K. (Also, if you heard about the smear campaign against kale (SMH), arugula is reportedly low in oxalates. Just sayin…).
4. Bee pollen: This stuff is incredible and so healing. Bee pollen is one of “nature’s most nourishing foods,” supplying protein and vitamins. Also, it makes my skin glow. I take it by the teaspoonful or mixed into my morning smoothie. Try starting with ½ tsp if it’s your first time. (Do not consume if you have a bee allergy!).
5. Quinoa: This is another awesome plant-based option for protein. It is the perfect balance of all nine amino acids essential for human nutrition. Additionally, quinoa offers a solid dose of fiber and iron. I love to add ½ cup to my lunch salad.
6. Kombucha: Chock full of antioxidants and probiotics, it’s no wonder this magic elixir is so popular. It literally makes me feel good to drink kombucha. Also, it’s awesome for my skin and I love that my cravings subside with a daily cup. I can always tell when I haven’t had any in a few days. Suddenly, it’s more difficult to avoid the office vending machine at 3pm…
Try something that sounds tasty to you!
Always consult your doctor before changing your diet.
Oh, by the way
PS: Change your passwords… No need to panic, but a ton of gmail passwords were leaked this week. You can read more here and you can enter your email address here to see if your email was directly affected.