“Not all those who wander are lost.”
– J.R.R. Tolkien
(click to tweet)
Sometimes taking a red eye flight is the only option, but it doesn’t have to be completely uncomfortable. As you prepare for your next work trip (or spring vacation!), pack these essentials for a much cozier night.
1. Eye Mask: You definitely want a soft, comfortable eye mask for your red eye. This one accessory will ensure you can actually get some shut eye. Try this one.
2. Convertible Pillow/Blanket: This little pillow unfolds into the perfect size blanket. It’s easy to resist packing the pillow/blanket because it takes up a bit of space, but if you need to sleep – don’t leave this one at home.
3. Nap Socks: Always stash a pair of socks in your carry-on. These plush socks from Brookstone will not only keep your feet warm, but the microfleece is also quick-drying.
4. Snack Pack: Keep a few packets of nut butter on hand during the flight (Artisan is travel-friendly). Spread some on a banana, apple, or whole grain bread.
5. (& 6) Beat Bloating: Preempt bloat with fruit & tea. Weightless Cranberry Tea and prunes (dried plums!) are great for travel. Snack on some prunes when you need something sweet (you’ll be all set by morning).
7. Drink Up: When you’re planning to sleep on a flight, it’s not ideal to drink a gallon of water. So when you do have something to drink, hyrdate with legit, pure coconut water (Harmless Harvest is SO good).
Oh, by the way
PS: Don’t forget to enter the Shakira Smile Pack Giveaway! Find out how to enter here.
No TASTEdaily Thursday/Friday this week. See you on Monday!